CITY OF ARROYO GRANDE:
An ordinance of the City Council of Arroyo Grande amending Chapter 8.08 of the Arroyo Grande Municipal Code relating to the discharge of safe and sane fireworks was adopted April 23rd, 2019. Discharge of Safe and Sane Fireworks may only occur on July 4th.
PRESS RELEASE IMMEDIATE RELEASE: MARCH 1, 2019
FOURTH OF JULY FIREWORKS APPLICATIONS FOR FIREWORKS STAND PERMIT
A maximum of six Fireworks Stands are authorized within the City of Arroyo Grande to sell “Safe and Sane” fireworks. Applications for a Fireworks Stand Permit may be obtained at the Five Cities Fire Authority beginning March 1st. Office hours are Monday – Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. The deadline for filing the application is April 15th.
Permits are issued to applicants in the order of the eligibility list. The eligibility list is maintained by the Five Cities Fire Authority on an ongoing basis and made available to the public. New applicants that are not on the existing list will be placed at the end of the eligibility list. New applicants would not be eligible until 2022.
Per City Ordinance, “Safe and Sane” fireworks sales begin at 12 Noon June 28th through 12 Noon July 5th. All other days the sales will be during the period of 9:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m. Fireworks are permissible for discharge from 12 Noon July 3rd through 12 Midnight July 5th. The City of Arroyo Grande is currently considering changes to the current fireworks ordinance, and will be discussing the matter at the April 9, 2019 City Council meeting.
CITY OF GROVER BEACH:
To be announced
OCEANO COMMUNITY SERVICES DISTRICT:
To be announced
ARROYO GRANDE FIREWORKS STAND PERMIT ELIGIBILITY LIST
1) Exchange Club of the Central Coast 2) Kiwanis Club of Arroyo Grande Valley 3) Arroyo Grande Valley Little League 4) Camp Fire Council of the Central Coast 5) Central Coast Condors 6) American Legion Auxiliary Unit #136
1) Five Cities Girls Softball Association 2) AGHS Eagle Robotics Team 3) Five Cities Youth Football League, Inc 4) Arroyo Grande High School Eagle Boosters 5) Arroyo Grande Optimist Club 6) Arroyo Grande POA
1) Gospel Lighthouse 2) Arroyo Grande High School Band Boosters 3) Arroyo Grande in Bloom 4) Knights of Columbus Council No. 1375 5) American Legion Post 136 6) BSA Troop 234
GROVER BEACH 2019 FIREWORKS STAND PERMITS
1) South County Chambers of Commerce 2) Grover Beach police Officers Association 3) Victory Outreach Church 4) Grover Beach United
OCEANO 2019 FIREWORKS STAND PERMITS
1) Oceano Eagles Lodge #4153 2) Oceano Church of God Prophecy 3) Open Door Preschool 4) Anchor of Faith Apostolic Church